Healthy outside starts with healthy inside 💕
Spring has always been the time of renewal and rebirth for me. A fresh start that means tidying up the house and giving my body a nice detox. It’s time to let go of what doesn’t serve us and make room for fresh and new.
It’s not only our bodies that need the detoxification, but also our minds needs a good flush. Reenergising our mindsets and let go of old habits and beliefs will do miracles for our entire system.
It doesn’t even have to be spring, but whenever you feel the symptoms of your mind getting to cluttered – like: stress, health issues, fatigue, unhappiness, etc – it’s time to tidy up your mind from emotional toxins.
Use these following steps for detox of mind:
• Get outdoorsy! Go for a walk, explore the forest and parks, dance in the waves or work on the garden. Sun is shining, birds are singing and you can feel your stress levels drop. Fresh air is magical and it can help improve our mental health and quiet the mind.
• Leave your phone off! Silence your notifications for few hours or leave your phone home as you go for a walk.
Ask yourself, “Do I really need that info or do I need something else?”
• Meditate before you medicate!
Do this for few minutes daily:
1. Get comfortable and prepare to sit still for a few minutes. After you stop reading this, you’re going to simply focus on your own natural inhaling and exhaling of breath.
2. Focus on your breath. Where do you feel your breath most? In your belly? In your nose? Try to keep your attention on your inhale and exhale.
3. Follow your breath for two minutes. Take a deep inhale, expanding your belly, and then exhale slowly, elongating the out-breath as your belly contracts.
• Take an inventory about your life!
Write a list and be honest with yourself:
⁃ What do I really want?
⁃ What is working in my life and what is not?
⁃ What am I ready to let go in order to make space for something new?
⁃ What is standing in my way of achieving my goals? This could be either limiting beliefs or relationships, job or emotions.
⁃ How do I want to grow in my life? What does my heart desire?
Set an intension for this next chapter in your life. Dream big!
⁃ Listen to your heart and find a word that describes what you want to achieve in your life. write the word down and place it somewhere where you can see it daily.
⁃ Now close your eyes and visualise yourself living your intension.
⁃ Notice how you feel in your imagined future. How does your life look like? And what comes with your intension?
Whenever you feel like you need to de-stress, de-clutter, and detox your mind, follow these steps and enjoy the clarity that follows.
Also if you are looking for body and mind detoxification in a form of yoga and posture practise, head down to my YouTube channel:
Yours in yoga